Franklin County Public Health has been actively trapping mosquitoes throughout Franklin County since mid-May. As a result, the following areas will be sprayed to reduce the number of adult mosquitoes:
Thursday, June 20
- Westerville (South) – High number of mosquitoes
- Westerville (West, North and East) – Mosquitoes tested positive for West Nile virus
Spraying will begin around 9:00 p.m. (weather permitting).
A detailed map of the areas that will be sprayed can be found on our mosquito website. Residents are encouraged to visit the website often to review the spray map and other mosquito information.
It is a good reminder for residents to take precautionary steps to protect themselves and their families.
- Wear insect repellent containing DEET (follow package directions).
- Limit outdoor activity at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Eliminate all standing water around your home (mosquitoes breed in water and it doesn’t take much time).
To report mosquito problem areas in your community, please go to our mosquito website to complete a service request form or call (614) 525-BITE (2483). Any unanswered calls will be returned within one business day.
Residents of the City of Columbus should call 311.