Our plumbing inspectors are certified with the State of Ohio Department of Commerce and maintain those certifications by attending annual professional development classes.
Our department provides plumbing inspection services to all areas of Franklin County except the City of Columbus and the City of Grove City.
Our services include:
Registration of plumbing contractors
Commercial plumbing plan review
Permitting and inspections of all commercial and residential plumbing installations
Plan review, permitting and inspection of medical gas services.
Provide services for all medical gas installations in Franklin County (now includes the City of Columbus, with the exception of the City of Grove City)
How Can I Request An Inspection?
Plumbing contractors or homeowners (who purchased a permit) can request an inspection for a permitted plumbing or medical gas project by using the on-line request form, or by calling (614) 525-3160. Franklin County Public Health also offers remote plumbing inspections for One-Day Bath remodels and Residential Water Heaters by submitting digital pictures and/or videos. Please contact Sandy Cameron at (614) 525-3635 for details.
If you have any questions, please contact Sandy Cameron at (614) 525-3635. Thank you for your cooperation.
For inspection requests in the City of Westerville, please call (614) 901-6650 or the 24-hour inspection line at (614) 901-6880 before 12:00 p.m. for next day service.
Inspectors and the Areas They Serve
Below is a list of the inspectors and the areas that they serve:
- Submit all Plan Reviews to Franklin County Public Health
- Plumbing Plan Review Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- If the job is in the City of Westerville, work directly with the Westerville Building Department.
- If the job is in Groveport, work directly with the Groveport Building Department.
- If the job is in Worthington, work directly with the Worthington Building Department.
You can pay by cash or check – in person, through the mail or by courier.
- If there is any alteration of the piping system
- Installation of a replacement water heater
- Installation of a tub and/or shower valve
You don’t need a permit for the replacement of a faucet, sink or water closet (toilet).
- Residential - Yes, if the homeowner will be doing the work and with a signed homeowners' affidavit
- Commercial - No