Our plumbing inspectors are certified with the State of Ohio Department of Commerce and maintain those certifications by attending annual professional development classes.
Our department provides plumbing inspection services to all areas of Franklin County except the City of Columbus and the City of Grove City.
Our services include:
Registration of plumbing contractors
Commercial plumbing plan review
Permitting and inspections of all commercial and residential plumbing installations
Plan review, permitting and inspection of medical gas services.
Provide services for all medical gas installations in Franklin County (now includes the City of Columbus, with the exception of the City of Grove City)
How Can I Request An Inspection?
For inspection requests in the City of Westerville call (614) 901-6650 or the 24-hour inspection line at (614) 901-6880 before 12:00 p.m. for next day service.
Franklin County Public Health will be short staffed on Friday, February 28. Inspections will be limited on this day. Thank you for your patience and we ask that you consider scheduling inspections next week if possible.
Inspectors and the Areas They Serve
Below is a list of the inspectors and the areas that they serve:
- Submit all Plan Reviews to Franklin County Public Health
- Plumbing Plan Review Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- If the job is in the City of Westerville, work directly with the Westerville Building Department.
- If the job is in Groveport, work directly with the Groveport Building Department.
- If the job is in Worthington, work directly with the Worthington Building Department.
You can pay by cash or check – in person, through the mail or by courier.
- If there is any alteration of the piping system
- Installation of a replacement water heater
- Installation of a tub and/or shower valve
You don’t need a permit for the replacement of a faucet, sink or water closet (toilet).
- Residential - Yes, if the homeowner will be doing the work and with a signed homeowners' affidavit
- Commercial - No