Our plumbing inspectors are certified with the State of Ohio Department of Commerce and maintain those certifications by attending annual professional development classes.
Our department provides plumbing inspection services to all areas of Franklin County except the City of Columbus and the City of Grove City.
Our services include:
Registration of plumbing contractors
Commercial plumbing plan review
Permitting and inspections of all commercial and residential plumbing installations
Plan review, permitting and inspection of medical gas services.
Provide services for all medical gas installations in Franklin County (now includes the City of Columbus, with the exception of the City of Grove City)
How Can I Request An Inspection?
CHANGES IN INSPECTION REQUEST CUT-OFF TIME
BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 7, 2021, FRANKLIN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH WILL REQUIRE THAT INSPECTION REQUESTS BE RECEIVED BEFORE 12:00 P.M. FOR NEXT DAY INSPECTIONS. ANY REQUESTS RECEIVED AFTER THAT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE SCHEDULED FOR THE NEXT DAY.
Inspectors and the Areas They Serve
- Submit all Plan Reviews to Franklin County Public Health
- Plumbing Plan Review Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- If the job is in the City of Westerville, work directly with the Westerville Building Department.
- If the job is in Groveport, work directly with the Groveport Building Department.
- If the job is in Worthington, work directly with the Worthington Building Department.
You can pay by cash or check – in person, through the mail or by courier.
- If there is any alteration of the piping system
- Installation of a replacement water heater
- Installation of a tub and/or shower valve
You don’t need a permit for the replacement of a faucet, sink or water closet (toilet).
- Residential - Yes, if the homeowner will be doing the work and with a signed homeowners' affidavit
- Commercial - No