Franklin County Public Health has been actively trapping mosquitoes throughout Franklin County since mid-May. In order to reduce the number of adult mosquitoes, Franklin County Public Health will be spraying:
Tuesday, June 26:
- Westerville (West) – due to West Nile virus-positive mosquitoes found in trap
- Canal Winchester – due to West Nile virus-positive mosquitoes found in trap
- Urbancrest – due to a high number of mosquitoes found in trap
Spraying will begin around 9:00 p.m. (weather permitting).
Detailed maps of the areas that will be sprayed can be found on our Mosquito Website. Residents are encouraged to visit the web site often for spray maps and other mosquito information.
It is a good reminder for residents to take precautionary steps to protect themselves and their families.
- Wear insect repellant containing DEET (follow package directions).
- Limit outdoor activity at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Eliminate all standing water around your home (mosquitoes breed in water and it doesn’t take much time).
To report mosquito problem areas in your community, complete a service request form on our mosquito website. A message can also be left at (614) 525-BITE (2483). This is a voice mail system and all calls will be returned within one business day.
Residents of the City of Columbus should call 311.