Franklin County Public Health has been actively trapping mosquitoes throughout Franklin County since mid-May. Mosquitoes from this week’s traps in the following areas have tested positive for West Nile virus. In order to reduce the number of adult mosquitoes, Franklin County Public Health will be spraying:
Tuesday, August 25
- Whitehall (East)
- Reynoldsburg (Northeast, Northwest, and Southwest)
- Hamilton Township
- Gahanna (Central)
Wednesday, August 26
- Bexley (North)
- Franklin Township (North)
- Grove City (North and West)
- Jackson Township (North)
- Blendon Township
- Minerva Park
- Perry Township (South)
- Sharon Township (South)
Thursday, August 27
- Prairie Township (South)
- Westerville (Central, West, North and South)
Monday, August 31
- Upper Arlington (Central and North)
- Hilliard (Northwest)
Spraying will begin around 8:45 p.m. (weather permitting).
Detailed maps of the areas that will be sprayed can be found on our mosquito website. Residents are encouraged to visit the website often for spray maps and other mosquito information.
It is a good reminder for residents to take precautionary steps to protect themselves and their families.
- Wear insect repellent containing DEET (follow package directions).
- Limit outdoor activity at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Eliminate all standing water around your home (mosquitoes breed in water and it doesn’t take much time).
To report mosquito problem areas in your community, please go to our mosquito website to complete a service request form or call (614) 525-BITE (2483). Any unanswered calls will be returned within one business day.
Residents of the City of Columbus should call 311.