Franklin County Public Health has been actively trapping mosquitoes throughout Franklin County since mid-May. As a result of this week’s trap data, which showed a high number of floodwater/nuisance mosquitoes, the following areas will be sprayed to reduce the number of adult mosquitoes.
Monday, August 3
- Hilliard (Southwest) make-up spray from July 30
- Norwich Township (South) make-up spray from July 30
- Westerville (Central)
Spraying will begin around 9:00 p.m. (weather permitting).
Detailed maps of the areas that will be sprayed can be found on our mosquito website. Residents are encouraged to visit the website often for spray maps and other mosquito information.
It is a good reminder for residents to take precautionary steps to protect themselves and their families.
- Wear insect repellent containing DEET (follow package directions).
- Limit outdoor activity at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Eliminate all standing water around your home (mosquitoes breed in water and it doesn’t take much time).
To report mosquito problem areas in your community, please go to our mosquito website to complete a service request form or call (614) 525-BITE (2483). Any unanswered calls will be returned within one business day.
Residents of the City of Columbus should call 311.