Franklin County Public Health investigates public health nuisance complaints. In simple terms, a public health nuisance is when a building or property is in a condition that threatens or potentially threatens the health of a person or community.
Below are examples of public health nuisances that Franklin County Public Health will investigate:
- Accumulation of trash, garbage and materials on properties
- Rat and rodent infestations
- Animal waste and manure
- Dead animals
- Weeds and grass (townships only)
- Unsanitary housing or living conditions
- Limited areas of housing maintenance
If you would like to register a complaint regarding a nuisance property or condition, please complete the Complaint Form or call (614) 525-3160.
For properties located in the City of Columbus, please call (614) 645-3111 or submit an Email Submission Form. For properties located in the City of Worthington, please contact (614) 436-3100.