Font size with jQuery A+ | A-

Plumbing Program
Inspection Requests
Inspector Areas
Residential Permits
Commercial Permits
Medical Gas Permits
Plumbing Registration
General Info/FAQs

Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Plumbing Inspectors:
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 8:30 am

Plumbing Program

The Franklin County Public Health Plumbing Program provides registration of all plumbing contractors and their employees, and inspections of all commercial and residential plumbing installations.  Staff also conducts plan reviews and inspections for all medical gas installations.  Our department provides service to all areas of Franklin County except the City of Columbus, the City of Grove City and the City of Whitehall.

The Plumbing Inspectors are certified with the State of Ohio Department of Commerce and maintain those certifications by attending the required certification classes annually.

How Can I Request An Inspection?

 Online Inspection Request (accepted until 7:00 a.m. for same day inspections)

Call (614) 525-3160 between 8:00 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday

For inspection requests in the City of Westerville call (614) 901-6650 or the 24-hour inspection line at (614) 901-6880 before 12:00 p.m. for next day service

Plumbing Inspectors

Ken Farmwald, Supervisor
(614) 525-3865

Terry Haughn
(614) 525-3876

Rickie Little
(614) 525-6667

Bob Weber
(614) 525-5333

Ryan Wilkins
(614) 525-4985

Areas Served by Each Inspector

Bob Weber
7:00am - 3:30pm
(614) 525-5333

Canal Winchester, Groveport, Hilliard, Pickerington, Reynoldsburg, Brice, Harrisburg, Lockbourne, Obetz, Urbancrest, Valleyview, Brown, Franklin South, Hamilton, Jackson, Madison, Norwich, Pleasant, Prairie,

Rickie Little     &    Ryan Wilkins
7:00am - 3:30pm     7:00am - 3:30pm     
(614) 525-6667        (614) 525-4985

Dublin, Grandview, Upper Arlington, Marble Cliff, Clinton North, Franklin North, Perry, Washington,

Ken Farmwald
7:00am - 3:30pm
(614) 525-3865

Bexley, Clinton, Whitehall

Terry Haughn
7:00am - 3:30pm
(614) 525-3876

Gahanna, Minerva Park, Jefferson, New Albany, Plain, Westerville, Sharon, Worthington, Truro, Riverlea, Blendon

Where Can I Purchase a Residential Permit?

- or -

Where Can I Purchase a Commercial Permit?

Three Exceptions:

  • If the job is in the City of Westerville, work directly with the Westerville Building Department.
  • If the job is in Groveport, work directly with the Groveport Building Department.
  • If the job is in Worthington, work directly with the Worthington Economic Development Department.

Medical Gas Permit Application

All Medical Gas Permits need to be purchased from Franklin County Public Health regardless of the city, township or village in Franklin County where the work is being done.

Medical Gas Permit Application

Plumbing Registration

Instructions to apply for a Plumbing Registration

Plumber Registration Application

General Info/FAQs

How can I pay for a plan review or a permit?

You can pay by cash or check – in person, through the mail or by courier.

When do I need a plumbing permit?

  • If there is any alteration of the piping system
  • Installation of a replacement water heater
  • Installation of a tub and/or shower valve

When don’t I need a permit?

You don’t need a permit for the installation of a faucet, sink or water closet.

Can the owner purchase a plumbing permit?

Can I make an appointment to meet the inspector?

Yes, you can make an appointment. Call the appropriate inspector for your area and we will meet you for a consultation.